What is a scenario in this case?
When it comes to the business landscape, it means defining your benchmark before everything so that it knows how to allocate budgets, how to build stocks, and prepare for growth in certain areas.
The business landscape includes your purpose and the way to go about them within the expected range.
To help create a business landscape, the SEO landscape helps you select the right information for potential areas of your maintenance, areas of potential growth, or where your client may demand changes based on their current search status. is.
Then, to add business and SEO scenarios, this can be your “playground” to make reliable estimates:
- In-depth keyword research, so your SEO team knows which keyword groups to deal with which scenarios.
- A current visibility position as a starting point.
- A professional financial assessment – is the status quo, or even a tendency to grow up?
Set right expectations from start
Whether you are calibrating an existing strategy or dealing with a new client, you need a reliable benchmark to set your scenarios. This is where search visibility metrics are used.
Think of it as a way to establish “market share” for your customer against online competitors – calculated as an impression share on their target keywords weighted against search volume, highlighting that non-brands Who are the true competitors given the organic traffic where there is scope for your customer to grow.
If you take into account all the factors that affect the current visibility then it sheds light on a possible future.
Suppose your customer is part of a highly competitive market – you know that the main competitor is at 75% visibility, which means that your intervention on high potential keywords will have a significant impact on business results. Sometimes when you are dealing with a difficult demand context like 2020, as was the case for Propellernet and their travel clients.
To do this, you need to be really careful about selecting keyword lists for your top-level strategic topics.
Develop business landscape
You want to connect SEO scenarios and potential business results, so you need to establish how specific keywords and costs are for those keywords to reach a certain performance.
Maintaining stable business results
If your client needs to secure their current business position, you can focus on keywords that are already performing and keep in mind what factors will affect you:
- What is their current search volume and how will this search look affected by seasonal and year-to-year trends.
- What their performance might look like on desktop versus mobile in time.
- For example, if they still have room for growth from the top 10 to the top 3, they can bring in additional traffic – thus gaining additional traffic if they reach their best rank.
Your keyword management strategy will play a major role here, as you want to keep a close eye on the specific keyword sets representing the top performers, which are categorized as follows:
- Page 1 keyword
- Specific product categories
- Landing Page
- Keyword Opportunities – Perhaps you can set a portion of the budget for some new keyword targets.
You can generate several scenarios with different possibilities within this maintenance objective:
- Potential one – In this way, the focus is on retaining the top performers to keep an estimated inertia traffic figure – calculated as the total number of estimated visits received through the forecast period based on current traffic and search trends Has been done and given that there is no change in the visibility of the site.
- Is favorite – A mixed strategy of focusing on maintaining top 3 performance for a set of keywords and achieving better rank for different keywords with “easy” difficulty levels.
For example, if your client is in the home improvement industry and their offer on the “pool” is booked by the end of next year or in the next 2 years, you mainly want to do maintenance work and with extra highs Will prepare for the season. -Int keyword to keep trend.
Optimizing specific set of keywords for development
If your client wants to invest more of a marketing budget in SEO in the near future, you can think about how to best use it – in this case a better scenario.
You can aim for less hanging fruits, whether they are low-cost keywords that are not expensive or opportunities that are easy to obtain that have resulted from the analysis of your competitors. Look for solutions to keep you within budget and have a high chance of adding to the potential future.
For example, by using the Competition Insights feature in your SEO tool, you can get a set of top keywords that are high in value and low in difficulty for your client.
You will be able to make an equivalent estimate of CPC and make a case for optimizing the customer’s landing pages, so as to gain influence in a cost-effective manner and outperform competitors.
Let’s take a challenging example of a travel client.
Although the traffic is mostly down, you know that “Spring Break 2021” will bring a fluctuation. So how do you help prepare your customers to capture that traffic? Or maybe it’s local travel that you should adapt to the “Better Growth” area.
In SEOmonitor’s prediction module, you can count additional conversions that your customized keyword list can generate:
- We have researched the average CTR curve for the top 10 positions on each individual combination of SERP features and tools.
- We base the estimate of additional conversions on estimated additional visits (if you reach the target rank) multiplied by the corresponding conversion rate of each keyword included in the forecast.
Thus, you will be able to correlate how achieving ranks for your targeted keywords directly affects customer sales.
Manage an explosion trend for the customer’s business
If your client is part of an “explosion” trend, with business areas developing by default due to high demand, then you may be wondering how to make extra budget work for weaker parts of the business and take advantage of the hype.
You can also question the state of that trend – is it here to stay? Will it be a part of your possible future scenario? If yes, you will know when it is at its peak and how to prepare for it – both SEO and stock and trade availability wise.
Then, moving on to the preferred scenario of development in other areas, your keyword research can focus on improving rankings for “moderate” and “hard” difficulty keywords and relevant keywords (with high volume) on Google’s Page 2 . Dealing with more expensive keywords where competition is tough will prove beneficial for business impact, while jumping from keyword 2 to page 1 will dramatically convert conversions.
Present these estimates on time and present to your customers how their traffic may look with and without those improvements.
You can also think about creating a scenario for change in demand again – which means helping the customer maintain rankings as the momentum passes.
For example, suppose your customer is in the top 3 for “office chair” or “desk” in the home and decor industry, but there are also good keyword opportunities for “desk organizer” or “standing desk”. Estimate the model based on your forecast of how you can maintain your profit with keyword choice as a result of popular search queries.
In the case of the travel industry customer, it is aiming to take “domestic travel”, “domestic flights”, “halt” etc. to the top 3 as the preferred result. .
With SEOmonitor’s prediction tool, you can create multiple SEO scenarios for the same keyword groups to see how to see inertial traffic and additional traffic over the next 6, 9 or 12 months.
Make a case for your SEO proposal
Once you have budgeted according to SEO scenario and business scenarios, you still have to present it to your customers. Whether it is a newly acquired customer or a new offer for a long-standing customer, you have to explain why you are recommending the strategy or another.
This is a great moment to once again explain how your SEO intervention affects ROI, highlighting:
- Your in-depth knowledge of their industry and how granular you were for keyword research.
- Competitive observation in terms of visibility and where the customer can grow.
- SEO opportunities they can take advantage of.
- Many of the scenarios you projected and your estimates in terms of traffic, CTR and additional conversions.
Speaking to award-winning agencies around the world, we have revealed that a changed SEO proposal usually contains these arguments and little else. You can access some of his business case presentations here.
It has been a challenging year for business in general.
This is why setting the right expectations for your SEO clients can go a long way from a strategic point of view and as a result of trust-building:
- Help them navigate uncertainty and establish a reliable benchmark for your current business situation.
- Use search visibility as a “market share” that highlights your customers vs. their competitors and where there is room for improvement.
- Develop SEO scenarios according to your development objectives and current business situation: maintaining the status quo in terms of rankings, growing a specific part of your business, and helping identify opportunities, or with a strategic focus on new ” Managing the “explosion” trend. areas of improvement.
- Create an SEO proposal that highlights the ROI of SEO – the nuts and bolts of all keyword groups from a general overview and their conversion capability.
At SEOmonitor, we are constantly improving our forecasting method to answer the needs of SEO agencies. With a set of complex inputs including current non-brand organic traffic, custom CTR curves, search seasonality, etc., we are able to estimate how sessions and conversions can reach the predicted rankframe within the forecasted time. Also, for transparency, you can view all calculations at our level at the keyword level.
And to make it easier to communicate, we’ve also designed a proposal builder that gets your forecasting data from SEOmonitor and transforms it into a good-looking Google Slide through a simple drag and drop interface.
These are a part of our solutions to help SEO agencies acquire, manage and retain more clients.
Join our journey to bring more transparency in the SEO industry.