Speed is a big factor in the SEO industry.
Search professionals need access to accurate, up-to-date data at the moment to implement campaign and track performance.
Because when your software malfunctions, you need to solve the problem fast.
This is why it is necessary to consider the quality of service provided when selecting an SEO tool.
Ideally, you should have access to a dedicated account manager who you can contact for quick resolution of issues on an as-needed basis, as well as regular support calls to review your agency’s requirements can do.
When Paul Works, Head of SEO, and Managing Director from SEO Works, Ben Foster, decided it was time to choose a different core SEO tool, he chose “running as one of the hundreds of different relevant aspects and Ad hoc endorsed. ” The right tool. “
As part of their decisive matrix, it was a point that had to match key functions such as keyword ranking, including universal rankings, overall market visibility scores, content insights, forecasting and reporting capabilities, link building capabilities, competition insights, and many more needed.
Ultimately, when you are considering or are considering upgrading your existing technology stack, you need to see how well the solution performs based on your agency’s specific needs.
You want to be seen as a leader in innovation
Digital is always advancing, and SEO professionals need to be up-to-date with new developments to stay competitive. Agencies need to be at the forefront of innovation, so they constantly look for new technologies that will set them apart.
Paul Wood says that they “try at least a few times a year what they review in terms of tools.” They mainly focus on access and UX when assessing new devices on the market, such as:
- How easily they allow you to export data.
- How they facilitate collaboration between internal teams and customers.
- How many functionalities can be integrated into a platform.
The team at SEO Works always highlights the importance of being on the lookout, with members informing each other. They also have an extensive training program, so – all are not only onboarded with the tools, but also the specific methodology that the agency uses for top notch SEO strategies.
Going even further, agencies such as SEO Works develop proprietary tools, showing how their innovative approach to customers in their portfolio can be competitive.
You are growing or scaling up your SEO agency
According to a recent McKinsey Global Survey of C-Level business leaders, digital adoption has accelerated globally in at least 3-4 years in just a few months.
This drive towards a digital-first approach is only expected to continue, meaning that the need for scaling for SEO agencies is likely to be high right now, as well as for the foreseeable future.
To meet this growing demand for SEO services, agencies need to scale operations efficiently while keeping themselves competitive. If you are developing your agency, then it is a good time to test your tools and see if they have the right set of functionalities to promote and support this development.
Fast growing agencies require more capabilities, such as:
- Reach more users: When you add new customers and employees, you want tools that allow you unlimited users (ideally, at no additional cost) and facilitate collaboration across teams.
- Unlimited API access: When you enhance your overall technology toolkit, your SEO tools need to work natively with your other business tools. For example, we’ve made it as simple as possible to export large amounts of data via the SEOmonitor API, allowing you to pull campaign and keyword-level data into your preferred internal systems (such as clefty) and client reports Can be customized
- More efficient workflow: Operational dashboards, integrated systems, and streamlining capabilities for your client portfolio all help you achieve status quo at a glance.
In the words of the SEO professionals we have spoken with, an SEO platform can bring, helping you not to waste time.
The right tools will help you do this, but ineffective can cause your team to spend too much time on technical processes, which will seriously disrupt your scale.
Your device partner is not sufficient or customizable
SEO professionals require a stable process and methodology across all teams. The best software is designed with this in mind.
Collaboration and optimization are the most important things that agencies give priority when choosing SEO tools. And there are many facilities like this:
- Multiple User Access: Unlimited access to team members and customers with customizable customer view permissions.
- Collaborative Features: Real-time annotations, comments and sharing capabilities for both teams and customers.
- Tracking Metric: A centralized agency dashboard that lets teams monitor performance and tasks, as well as align on goals.
- Personalization Features: From filtering campaigns by account managers, to editing modes that optimize your time for keyword management, to saving customized reporting templates across the agency, there are several capabilities you should consider.
A robust SEO solution, which combines multiple functionalities such as these into a single platform, helps optimize internal workflows and achieve a holistic view into the operations of the agency.
Your device is not effective
Different sized agencies have different budgets.
Optimization of costs is important, especially for scaling agencies. You have to employ more people and use more resources in your equipment to handle a larger volume of customers, and you don’t want to measure your costs at the same rate.
Some of the questions to be asked when evaluating the cost-efficiency of a particular tool are:
Does it offer flexible pricing and use of resources?
Most SEO software solutions have a fixed membership cost, which includes multiple set domains and keywords. But if the use of equipment resources increases month to month, then your pricing remains the same.
Other platforms provide agencies with the ability to upgrade or downgrade each month, so you only pay for what you use. With no predefined plan, agencies better evaluate their expenses based on campaign volume over specific timeframes.
Are there any additional hidden costs?
Some devices have an attractive base price, but come with hidden costs and extras that can add up quickly, especially when you’re onboarding a lot of new customers and handling large campaigns. These include:
- Cost per user: Will you be able to add unlimited users (including customers) for internal and external collaboration at no additional cost?
- Migration fees: Is there an hour or fixed rate to migrate from your existing system to the new tool?
- Integration cost: Are there multiple integrations for important tools of business (Data Studio, Google Sheets, API Access, etc.) included in the price?
So if your current software is not making the most financial sense for your business, then it may be time to take a new test.
When is Right time to start prospecting for new SEO tools?
The answer is, you should never stop your critical analysis.
Innovation is a continuous process, especially in this rapidly changing industry. Therefore the main SEO tool of your choice needs to keep pace and continuously update its capabilities.
When you encounter these signs with your existing solutions, they may not be serving you as they should, such as:
- When you do not get access to the correct data or functions.
- When you want to be a leader in innovation, that means you need a new approach.
- When you are growing or growing your agency, and you need more capabilities in place.
- Or when you want to be more cost effective.
We understand that the main tools of an SEO agency are important in winning more clients and managing them more efficiently.
This is why our team at SEOmonitor is committed to designing specific solutions that help you acquire, manage and retain relevant customers.
Join us and our community of SEO agencies on the journey to bring greater transparency and measureability to the SEO industry.