TechCrunch Session: Justice Covered a wide variety of subjects. The session deepened on issues that matter most in the tech world, from access to labor to DEI.
For example, we had a great conversation with Arran Hamilton on how to find the next unicorn. Congress president Barbara Lee, who has represented Oakland and the surrounding East Bay cities for more than two decades, discussed technology and the ‘pipeline problem’. Even we sat down with the heads of DEMs such as Netflix, Facebook and Uber to voice their views on the increasing diversity within the tech space.
If you don’t have a chance to join us last week, you can still check out all the conversations we had here.
- The rise of the Tech Workers Union and what happened next with Parul Cool (Alphabet Workers Union), Grace Recker (OPEIU), and Clarissa Redwine (New York University)
- Vanessa Bain (Gig Workers Collective), Jessica E. The way forward for essential workers with Martinez (National Council for Occupational Safety and Health), and Christian Small (Congress of Essential Workers)
- Investors discuss the role of venture-capital and venture capital with Brian Brackin (Lightship Capital), Astrid Scholz (Zebras Unites), and Sidney Thomas (Precursor Ventures).
- A peek inside the minds of Tech’s DEI leaders alongside Sandra Altine (Facebook), Wade Davis (Netflix) and Bo Young Lee (Uber)
- Backstage Capital’s Arlan Hamilton discusses how to find the next unicorn
- Rape Barbara Lee says the pipeline problem is a “total myth”
- Tech leaders discuss how social media is broken and what we can do about it
- Designing with Reach in Mind: A Conversation Cynthia Bennett (Carnegie Mellon University), Mr. Madipalli and Mara Mills (New York University)
- En route to return with the citizens Jason Jones (The Last Mile), Deepti Rohatgi (Slack), and Ellie Tambara (Chan Zuckerberg Initiative)
Primary stage The ‘how-to’ event is a staple for startup entrepreneurs and investors. You will first hear how some of the most successful founders and chancellors built their businesses, raised money and managed their departments. We will cover every aspect of company-building: fundraising, recruitment, sales, product fit in the market, PR, marketing and brand building. Audience participation in each session is also interwoven – enough time for audience questions and discussion is included. Use the code “TCARTICLE” at the checkout to get 20 percent of the tickets are closed from here.